Another way CHC stands out is through our highly specialized pharmacists that know your oncology needs and our four specialty retail
The Cancer & Hematology Centers has multiple specialty oncology pharmacy locations where our pharmacists, doctors, and clinical care teams work together to ensure the best possible care for our patients.
What Is a Specialty Pharmacy?
Traditional retail pharmacies serve patients with short-term illnesses and chronic conditions that can be treated with medications that are easily accessible by retail pharmacies. Specialty pharmacies have highly-trained pharmacists who dispense medications for complex and challenging diseases, such as cancer.
Our Oncology Pharmacy Services
Our pharmacists are integral members of your care team. CHC pharmacists and technicians specialize in preparing both IV and oral chemotherapy medications. They work with your oncologist and other care team members to ensure that you receive the medication that’s right for you.
CHC’s staff, with the help of our social work team, will help you understand your insurance and prescription drug benefits. If you can’t afford the cost of your prescription, we may be able to help through copay card assistance, patient assistance programs, or other support including charity organizations.
Our specialty pharmacy pick-up locations offer many advantages:
- Our pharmacies stock medications our physicians prescribe, including oral anticancer medications that are limited to accredited specialty pharmacies.
- CHC pharmacists will help you understand the medications your doctor prescribes to help ensure your best treatment outcome.
- Our specialty pharmacies are certified by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC), a symbol of quality and excellence for specialty pharmacies.
- Our pharmacies are also Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) accredited. It demonstrates our commitment to the highest standards of patient care.
Does CHC have an Oncology Pharmacy Near Me?
We have six locations conveniently located throughout Michigan for you to pick up your specialty medication.
Our specialty pharmacies are available for you to call between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. For after-hours questions, please call (800) 411-7999 and a member of our on-call staff will assist you.
- East: 5800 Foremost Dr. SE Suite 200 Grand Rapids, MI 49546 (616) 389-1800
- Big Rapids: 15100 220th Ave, Big Rapids, MI 49307 (231) 515-9410
To arrange a specialty pick-up at the East Grand Rapids or Big Rapids locations, please call the Lemmen-Holton Cancer Pavilion at (616) 977-4840.
- Lemmen-Holton Cancer Pavilion: 145 Michigan St. Suite 3100 Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (616) 977-4840
- Lacks Cancer Center at Trinity Health: 250 Cherry St. SE Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (616) 977-486
- Muskegon: 6425 S. Harvey St. Norton Shores, MI 49444 (231) 332-5871
- Holland:12460 Riley St. Holland, MI 49424 (616) 399-1308
The CHC Cancer Drug Repository
We recently launched a cancer medication donation program that accepts unused cancer drugs and offers them free to qualified Michigan residents. The Cancer Drug Repository (CDR) aims to improve access to treatment for low-income patients by lowering costs while reducing prescription drug waste.
Unfortunately, almost three billion dollars is lost annually to oncology medication waste. The Cancer & Hematology Centers goal is to save as much as we can and as one of Michigan’s oncology specialty pharmacies offers a drug repository program. It is part of CHC’s mission to advance high-quality cancer treatment and improve affordability for all patients.
The CDR has a strict quality control process to ensure safety while also using as many cancer drugs that are donated as possible. Donations need to meet several criteria to be accepted.
Have Questions? Let Us Know
Want to know more about our specialty oncology pharmacies and compassionate care? Give us a call at (800) 411-7999.
For after-hours pharmacy questions, please call (800) 411-7999, and an on-call staff member will assist you.
For after-hours questions, please call (800) 411-7999 and a member of our on-call staff will assist you.