Your care encompasses much more than your treatment plan. Through our Survivorship program, we help you take a holistic view – beginning at your first appointment and continuing into the future.
Our survivorship program helps ensure that you continue to heal after your treatment is over. We’ll work with you to create a plan, including scheduling follow-up visits and addressing other issues that might affect your well-being.
Part of our Survivorship program is our new Bone Health Clinic, located at our CHC-East facility in Grand Rapids.
Cancer treatments can sometimes have a negative effect on bone health. Our clinic strives to promote bone health, reduce fracture risk, and ultimately maintain your quality of life. Our clinic offers:
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) scan to evaluate bone density
- Blood tests to assess further bone health
- International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) Trained Technologist to perform bone density tests
- ISCD Certified Clinical Densitometrist to evaluate and treat bone density issues
- Infusion and injection services to treat bone density
If you’d like to learn a little more about the Bone Health Clinic at CHC, check it out here.
The latest addition to our Survivorship program is our Women’s Health Clinic. Chemotherapy can affect women in many ways and can often have a negative impact on gynecologic health.
Our Women’s Health clinic offers:
- Evaluation and examination by a women’s health certified nurse practitioner
- A new partnership with a local organization for abdominal and pelvic floor rehabilitation (when appropriate)
- The potential use of medications (when necessary)
We’ll help you manage any treatment-related side effects and address concerns such as weight, diet, physical activity, sleep or sexual function. The plan will also provide lifestyle information and resources to help reduce cancer risk.
CHC provides comprehensive survivorship care tailored to your needs. It’s all part of our commitment to you and your overall health and well-being.